Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm going to run a half-marathon

My sister is training for a full marathon, so I thought I would give a half a try. My main motivation is losing my baby weight. It is being stubborn this go round.
I am making it public on my blog so I will be more motivated to do it and keep my word. I am looking at the Top of Utah on August 23 in Logan. It is all downhill! So I thought that would be a good one for my first. Jessica will be running the full marathon in September. Kern girls, you should join us! I have changed my playlist to songs on my ipod that I love to run to, and could listen to over and over.

6 comments:

Alison said...

Ash,
So impressed! Good luck!

Emily Kern said...

Good job! I wish I lived closer to you all so I could have someone to motivate me. I need to lose my baby weight too. Addie looks SOOO cute with her big smileon stage! What a doll!

SKH said...

Sounds like a plan. I will have to look and see what our schedule is. I love having a race for motivation. Plan on the st. george 1/2 in Jan. It is way fun! Last year Josie and Em's friend Erika joined us. You and Jess should plan for next years as well.

Emily Oman said...

That's awesome! You guys should just plan on staying with us, if you want to do ya (Heatherism :) it would be so much fun and we would love it!!! I think that would be fun to run it too, and you and jess should also plan for St. George in Jan. it's so much fun!! Cute preeschool graduation pics too!

Wendy said...

Hey Ashley, it's your old roommate Wendy. I was blog hopping and found yours. I'll have to make sure I check in and add you to my blog roll. Good luck with the marathon. I just had our 2nd girl. You'll have to check out my blog! We actually have the same background. Ha Ha!!

Susie said...

Hey Smash!
Good luck on the 1/2 marathon. I did Robie Creek once, and that was enough for me. As far as training goes, it can't be worse than the red lanes of hell with Satan in Flannel!!!!

Good luck!
Susie