Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Half-Marathon Woes

So a couple saturdays ago I went out to do my 7 mile long run of the week and around mile 4 my foot, which had been bothering me a little bit the previous week, just started hurting so bad I could barely run. I had no choice to run home as I was out in the middle of the country. I could barely walk on it for the next three days. I researched all of my symptoms and I have decided it either has to be a stress fracture or a peroneal tendon strain. Both require at least 4 weeks of no running. Needless to say, this has been very frustrating and devastating to me, as I felt I was just hitting my stride, a stride with an extra 30 pounds of baby fat I have been trying to lose, this probably was very detrimental and contributed to my injury.
This most likely also means that I will not be running in the Top of Utah Half I just won't be ready. I will have to choose a race in September or early October. I was really looking forward to running with Sara and Emily and Jessica.

No comments: