Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Zach's Follow Up Doctor Appointment

So the good news is Zach's lungs sound really good. The doctor said while the infection is gone his lungs will still be inflammed for quite a while. He is still working a little harder than normal to breathe but it is so much better. The doctor said that he will be more susceptible to breathing problems if he catches another cold or bug so I am going to try and keep those germs away.
He weighed 11 lbs even so he gained about another 1/2 lb in a little over a week. I was surprised he was only in the 68 percentile, he just seems to be a chunk. Plus I am use to hearing 90-100 with both the girls. The doctor also suspects what I already knew that he has colic. He loves to scream and cry. I am getting really good at doing things one handed since the only place he likes is the football hold on my arm. My left arm is going to get ripped while my right is a big ball of flab.

2 comments:

Emily Kern said...

Reese had colic REALLY bad. The only way I could get anything done was tostrap him to me in a Baby Bjorn, not ideal, but it does get better. I feel for you.

SKH said...

That is so sad that he is struggling to breathe and had had such a rough month. Good to know that he is growing too. I too expect Jacob to be in the 90-100 percentile and he is not. We go today for his 6 mo. That is funny about your arm, I am always telling Jay that my right side is so much stronger than my left because I pack kids around all day:) He just laughs